This is Volume 4 for the HCM 6th Edition, first published in 2016. To access Volume 4 for the HCM 2010, please visit hcm2010.org.
What is Highway Capacity Manual Volume 4?
The HCM consists of three printed volumes (Volumes 1-3) that can be purchased from the Transportation Research Board. Volume 4 is a free online resource that supports the printed manual. It includes:
- Supplemental chapters 25-37, providing details of the methodologies described in the Volume 1-3 chapters, example problems, and other resources;
- Interpretations and errata for the HCM (as they are developed);
- A technical reference library providing access to a significant portion of the research supporting HCM methods;
- Two applications guides containing case studies demonstrating how the HCM can be applied to (1) planning and preliminary engineering applications and (2) a variety of traffic operations applications;
- A discussion forum allowing HCM users to ask questions and collaborate on HCM-related matters; and
- Notifications of chapter updates, active discussions, and more via an optional e-mail notification feature.
Who Can Access HCM Volume 4?
HCM Volume 4 is free to everyone, but registration is required. Sign up now to take advantage of these resources and join the discussion!
That page is only available to registered users of the HCM.
Registration is free! Please create an account or log in to access Methodological Details, Interpretations & Errata, the Technical Reference Library, and the Applications Guide.